Great Weather

The weather report is fabulous for the week and weekend. Climbers are sending me questions about routes up the Westside road, and through Camp Muir. It seems that some teams are headed for Gib Ledges, but I bet the Ingraham Direct is in good shape too! One popular plan is to climb the ledges and descend the Ingraham.

At this time, I don’t have any new upper mountain condition reports. I suspect that things are stabilizing in most areas (with regard to avalanche,) but that will be hard to really address accurately given the diverse terrain of Rainier.

I hope to spend the next three days on the mountain attempting the summit. If possible, I’ll put something up on Thursday night. Please check back.

I also welcome and encourage climbers to send me your route and condition reports.